So you want to hack munin?
Sure. Things that needs to be done:
- POD document all plugins. This requires some knowledge about the system that is being graphed but little knowledge about programming.
- Look around the Wiki for things that needs to be documented better.
- Hang on the munin-users mailinglist being helpful.
- More plugins for non-linux platforms:
- BSD plugins
- Solaris plugins
- AIX plugins
- HP-UX plugins
- Plugins for different "engines": JBoss, Java frameworks/APIs (note that there are some things for java in general), Plone, ..
- Make/improve (OO) plugin frameworks for Python, perl (Munin:OOPlugin ?), and Ruby?
- Solve tickets. Even if a ticket is taken there will probably be no-one working on it.
- Work on features, and consider the WishList. Note that some of the features also have tickets.
Ask on the munin-users mailing list if you have any questions.